You see it on the news every night. The unfortunate realities of the ice epidemic and subsequent rise in crime on our streets. Another spill on effect of the situation is that home invasions are also on the increase.
This isn’t something any of us wants to think about. But it’s better to think – and act – now rather than regret it later.
Here’s a quick checklist of things you can do to help ensure the security of your home, belongings and family:
- Make sure all locks and keys are in good working order, including deadlocks on external doors and windows
- Check locks and access on all unusual entry points such as back gates and garage doors
- Install sensor lights or timer lights on your property so there is no easy access for intruders
- Don’t leave doors or windows unlocked at night or when you are out
- Don’t give out details of where you live or about when you are going away on social media
- If you can, get to know your neighbours. Having people in the street looking out for you and / or noticing any strange behaviour is one of the best ways to improve home security
- If in doubt about any locks at home or your security in general, get a locksmith out to do a security audit
If you have any questions at all about how to make your home secure or any other locksmith needs, please get in touch with us.
Our mobile locksmith teams are out on the road every day for all your lock and security needs so give us a call any time on 1800 348 378.